Command line utilities for simplifying work with CSV, JSON, Excel Workbooks and plain text files or content.
- csvcols - a tool for formatting command line arguments intoa CSV row or filtering CSV rows for specific columns
- csvfind - a tool for filtering a CSV file by column’s value
- csvjoin - a tool to join to CSV files on common values in designated columns, writes combined CSV rows to stdout
- csv2json - a tool to take a CSV file and convert it into a JSON blob array or a list of JSON blobs one per line
- csv2mdtable - a tool to render CSV as a Github Flavored Markdown table
- csv2xlsx - a tool to take a CSV file and add it as a sheet to a Excel Workbook file.
- jsoncols - a tool for exploring and extracting JSON values into columns
- jsonrange - a tool for iterating for JSON maps and arrays
- xlsx2json - a tool for converting Excel Workbooks to JSON files
- xlsx2csv - a tool for converting Excel Workbooks sheets to a CSV file(s)
Compiled versions are provided for Linux (amd64), Mac OS X (amd64),
Windows 10 (amd64) and Raspbian (ARM7). See https://github.com/caltechlibrary/datatools/releases.
Use the utilities try “-help” option for a full list of options.
datatools is go get-able.
go get github.com/caltechlibrary/datatools/...
Or see INSTALL.md for details for installing
compiled versions of the programs.